Friday, February 25, 2011

Ministry With Community

What a great time serving together with the folks at MwC! It is learning in a whole different way. What are some of the Master Stories intersecting in that place? I met someone who had served weekly at Ministry for 20 years. What motivates that? And another person who fought in WW II. We talked about his experience in the war. It made me think about my father and the stories he never told. I was asked to play dominoes by some folks sitting around before the meal. I realized I had forgotten how to play even as I was sure I knew when I was a kid. Time moves us on. We become different people. And as I left, I saw a former student of mine. One forgets that homelessness affects many people in this economy. It was fun working with the class in a new way. I wanted to ask, "What do you see?" "What are you thinking?" "Where is the CIR in this experience?" I guess I will have to wait a couple of weeks to find out. I am feeling a little sad that I will not be going but write to me on the blog. I want to hear about it all! And drive safely! coleen

PS How do I get my picture in the followers group?

No comments:

Post a Comment